Tuesday, July 03, 2007

My Parents - The Cheapskate Workaholic

My parents, especially my mom is one heck of a cheapskate.
Know how much money they made last year? more than half a million, and
that doesn't include all the share profits, rental income etc...

It's 2 months till i'm going abroad, yet they were so cheap they bought me
a brandless 3 piece suitcase from Carrefour for 99 bucks instead of the Camel Active
one i had my eyes on months ago.

Reason: 399 bucks = too expensive.

I mean, come on, my mom was known fro her bad case of handbags fetish. Just 'bout a month ago, she spent 5000 something on a teeny lil' Luis Vuitton tote of which she never use but store in her glass case instead.

Besides the stupid bag, my parents bought en of thousands worth of jeweleries, a 500k bungalow, tons of shoes, clothes, bags and stuff.

Yet, they complain a 30 bucks paperback novel is too expensive. They even freaked out when i spent 100 bucks pre-ordering the limited edition Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

Anyway, the suitcase is just one of the many old stuff i asked her to upgrade 'em for me.
My Laptop, cellphone, mp3 player, wallet etc. She even ask me to buy my winter clothes when i reach Taiwan, on one conditions, if the weather there is real cold. Else, there's no need splurging on sweater, coats, beanie, earmuffs. See how cheap they are?

Being cheapskates is beside the point, these few days, although i'm with my parents 24/7, seems they were more concern over who owe them money and who's tax haven't been calculated than whatever i say. And even worse, we arrive at their office early in the morning, around 7, and will only go home around 8pm! The home we live in sure feels more like a motel than a home.

Poor Cole and Dylan (my pet mini green tortoises), sometimes i'm just so tired, i forgot to change wash their tank, feed them or play with them.


So, welcome to my crazy life, filled with a set of cheapskate workaholic parents.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Stop whining because this whole sum of money is going to be your inheritance in the future.

When you're rich, you wouldn't look at me straight in the eye, some cheap fag using faux perfume and cheap facial powder to attract men at some smoky gay bar, where Mazzy Star recurringly performs her hypnotic Fade Into You song.