Monday, December 17, 2007

ICC - International Cultural (CRAPPY) Camp

I just woke up with an aching and stiff body,
and a pang of anger that i really need to spill it out somewhere.

I was a group leader for this ICC thing ISC organized.
And so, i was required to learn several dance moves,
like the famous Papaya Dance which everyone (literally!) in Philippines know.



And guess what, after all the hard work i've done, humiliation i endured,
the sweat, the embarrassment, when i went on stage to perform with the other 7 leaders, i was push down the stage like an idiot just because they THINK i don't know how to dance.

I mean, think of how humiliated i was, to be ask to get off the stage.
Anyway, the dance thing is just one small portion from my list of dissatisfactions over this crappy event that cost NT500 and worth nothing in terms of the meaning and aim.

I don't even know where to begin with the whole misinterpretation of the "ICC" theme.
I thought if you wanna introduce international cultures to the kids, you're suppose to go international! Instead, even i'm really embarrass to kept explaining to the camp members that this is from Malaysia, that one's from Malaysia, almost everything are from Malaysia.

So why not just call it a, say..."Malaysia Cultural Camp"? (MCC! Oooh...catchy!"

I was required to show up as early as 8 a.m., sure, it might be an easy task for most, since ALL of them have either
1. A scooter
2. Extra cash to spare for cabbie

Me? I have an old rustic bike that torture me so much i'd rather walk than hop on that f***ing piece of metal. And what's more, even if i showed up, at all, what they'll do is shove me aside and treat me as if i'm invisible/non-existence. So what is the point of me showing up at all?

Waste away my time there while i can snuggle in my bed and read a good book or sipping hot cocoa instead? If you want me to be there, make me useful! I swear, i WILL distance myself from the club if this goes on.

I used to think that being with the other oversea students, either from Malaysia or not will give me a sense of "home", but after months of being with them, i found out that being with the Taiwanese are way better than being with them. At least my Taiwanese friends are trying real hard to make me feel "home-y"

Oh well, i guess even if i sue them or whatever, it won't change their attitude.
Just like the day when i join them to the crappy camp at a beach last 6 weeks ago.
All they do is brush me aside as if i'm someone not worthy in their clique.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

加油 小征

那些人
怪怪的
都是怪咖= =
不要理他們
想想 還有你的室友
還有我們這些同學們呀
是吧!?


GOGO
Fighting
他們真的很.....賤耶!!
真要不得><