Friday, December 14, 2007

Some Updates (Pt. 2: Noel/New Year Edition)

Well, Christmas is drawing near,
Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells....
wait, sigh...that means New Year is coming as well,
another year passes by, looking back, the first 3 quarters of my 2007 was...rough.

Most who supports me back in AIMST knew how bad a situation i was in back then.
I was alone, deprived of any real friendship, even the once my best friend, YP
ditched me for the superficially annoying bastard, W.

I'm really glad, that all the patient, hardwork, and traveling back and forth from Penang-KL
paid off well, resulting in me being here, a new start, a fresh start, and a place where i can be,
if not partially, who i am inside without being tease.

Anyway, last weekend, i received a package from LA,
and guess what, it was from the author of the novel The Front Runner,
Patricia Nell Warren herself!!! I mean, OMG, who (by that, i meant authors FYI)
in the world would give away free books, not one, but four, each and every one of them autographed personally, along with a personal note to a mere fan of hers on the other side of the planet far far away?

And i've checked, all her books cost up to a total of USD +/- 100 AND postal fees that cost
more than 75USD! Really, i felt as if i don't deserve it at all. She's been too kind. As for those of you who haven't read that book before, i would recommend it with all my heart, that you should really read it. If you are a schoolmates of mine (meaning here in TCU), i've donated one of my extra copies to the ELL department's mini library.



Drop me a line if you'd like to read it, i'd be happy to borrow it for you.

#Ms. Warren, if you're reading this, thank you so much for giving me those books, you have no idea how much that means to me. It's the best Christmas gift i've ever had.

Anyway, my life lately has been...well, fun, i guess, with all the activities,
camps, etc. Although i'm much prefer to hide in my dorm room, a cup of hot cocoa
(That reminds me, i'm out of MILO, well, i'm pretty much broke, so MILO is a no can do)
and a nice tv show. Samantha Who? anyone?
sigh...with the WGA strike going on, i doubt there'll be another new episode at all for the next few months., at least i haven't watch the second season of HEROES since the 4th episode, so there's plenty of shows left for me to fill the void in between the WGA strike..

Speaking about strike, that reminds me, the rally that has been going on since a few weeks back (?) in Malaysia is disappointing. Why? I expect the people of my home country to behave like sane people instead of crazy bonkers going out to protest whatever, and the Government too, doing all sorts of craps. I'm so over the stupid election and politic thingies, cuz i'm bored lamenting on those matters and even if i DO lament on those matters, it won't help anyway.

Oh, before i forget, does anyone know why my economy seat-MAS ticket cost more than NT35000 (that's RM3500)? I mean, the air fare to London doesn't cost that much... But anyway, just curious since i've already decided to cancel the booking and book a much cheaper one from another company.

Well, pretty much that's about whatever that i had in mind or happen to me lately.
Oh, and i found a cute little puppy which i named it Danny. Will post the picture after i taken em'.

Oh well, Hohoho! Merry Christmas everyone!
And best wishes for the coming year.



Christmas Glitter Graphics


That's all! Once again, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year,
and i got to resume watching SANTA CLAUSE 2:MRS. CLAUSE now. Hehe...
Will probably lie in bed later, listening to Josh Groban's Noel.

No comments: