Monday, September 29, 2008

Hualien GongZheng Street Dumplings 花蓮市 公正街 "公正包子"





The night before typhoon JANGMI hits, my pal, John brought me to the famous GongZheng Street dumpling store for dinner. After one whole day of drama rehearsal, i was glad to stuff some food into my empty tummy. I ordered one "stack" (i don't know what the bamboo container thingie called in English...hehehe...) of really delicious wanton, 10 pieces of these cute little dumpling infamously known as GongZheng dumplings 公正包子, with a price tag of NT5 per piece. On top of that, i ordered a small bowl of hot and sour soup. All that just for a mere NT100/RM10/USD3.50!!!

One thing is, the dumpling didn't get famous for nothing, as the taste and the texture are simply heavenly. Maybe it's just because of my growling, empty stomach, but judging from the line of people stretching over 100m queing up just for the dumplings, the dumplings might have a charm of its own after all.

No comments: