Monday, October 01, 2007

Beyonce Live Concert in Kuala Lumpur CANCELLED



An up-coming Beyonce concert in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia has been cancelled amidst protests by local Muslim groups Billboard reports.

The groups are said to be upset that Beyonce has refused to obey the country's strict dress code for performers.

The promoter of the November 1st concert, Pineapple Concert, did not give a reason for the cancellation in a statement issued Friday (September 28).

Female performers are not allowed to show skin from the tops of their chests to their knees.

An August Gwen Stefani concert was preceded by protests for the same reason. Stefani reluctantly abided by the guidelines, saying in a press conference before the show that she had made a "major sacrifice."

The muslim groups in Malaysia is getting waaaaaay out of their heads.
I mean, TAHUN PERCUTIAN MALAYSIA??!! Come on, if women aren't allow to show skins,
why not just kick all the tourist out and accept only those bunch or black burqa clad women from some mulims country which my dad refer them as Ninja.

They're a bunch of sick and pathetic animals.
Way to go, Beyonce for having the guts to stand for your own rights.
Who needs KL while there are other more welcoming countries.

And sad to say, i'm ashamed of being a Malaysian.
Know what my Taiwanese classmates asked when i said i was from Malaysia?
They asked me if i'm a Muslim! I'm offended, of course. But who's there to blame them for thinking that way?

2 comments:

Andy Crosthwaite said...

Hey Wyatt

Surprised you're embarrassed of being Malaysian. I was there last year and loved it, I thought the interaction of different cultures was fantastic.

Anyway, interesting blog.

Andy
http://travelsintaiwan.blogspot.com/

Andy Crosthwaite said...

I was lookimg through some blogs on the bloggers in taiwan page, I enjoy pop culture and don't think it's given the credit it deserves, so I read a few of your posts