Monday, March 09, 2009

Giving Up

So here's how things goes.
I've decided to lighten my burden by giving up on 2 things.

1. The stupid Xiamen University Interpretation Competition
Reason: If i represent the God-forsaken country, fund a few pennies on me wouldn't bust their bank! Why should i spend a few gazillion on air fare, accommodation and such measly thing using my own greens just so i can paste a smug on the damn country? And, come to think of it, if i miss my mid terms, my scholarship will definitely go poof.

2. The Singing competition this Friday.
Reason: After doodling with the pain in the ass guitar and tryin in vain to push my voice to match the pitch of Nicole Scherzinger, i came to a harsh conclusion that i don't have the pipes to sing PCD's I Hate This Part, even though i tried toning the keys to a few notes lower. And besides, the damn guitar chords are so tight they kept cutting my fingers.


Man, i kinda felt relief.

I know they're once in an eon of an opportunity,
but do they worth my heart and soul pouring in?
Sometimes, it's wiser to let things go.
Giving up doesn't mean that i'm weak,
sometimes, having the will to give up is actually a sign of a strong me.
(*smug* who knew the alter ego me is so good at this?)

Man, stupid Wyatt.
You should have learnt your lesson 3 years ago.
LOL!


Guess i broke my resolutions of
DO NOT SAY YES TO EVERYTHING.
I have to learn how to manage my schedule,
and packing every single free slots with stuff to do is not a wise thing to do.

No comments: